Reporting to: Communications Officer
Part-time: 3 days per week (Mon-Wed, with some flexibility)
Salary: 20,000 – 23,000 full-time equivalent (pro-rata)
Application deadline: midnight 23/08/2019
As the Graphic Designer at SDN you will be responsible for designing our outputs, from print publications through to social media posts and content for our programmes work, such as posters and educational materials.
You will work with the Communications Officer to define the look and feel of SDN outputs, ensuring that a strong brand identity is maintained by all staff in the organisation, with the recent launch of a brand-refresh. You will also be involved in some communications outside a strictly design context. We are looking for the right candidate to grow and learn with us.
SDN supports those affected by the extractives industry and weak governance. We work with communities and engage with governments, companies and other stakeholders to ensure the promotion and protection of human rights, including the right to a healthy environment. Our work currently focuses on the Niger Delta
SDN has two offices – one office in Cambridge Heath, London, and another, larger office, in Port Harcourt, the Niger Delta.
- You will need a strong portfolio of your own graphic design examples that demonstrates your skill and experience across the Adobe CC Suite—in particular Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and After Effects for video (desired).
- Experience or ability in broader communications activity e.g. copy editing, press releases etc.
- Experience, or demonstrable interest, in the charity sector
- Effective and transparent management of your own workload to meet deadlines with multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills to support working collaboratively within, and across, teams
- Self-motivated to lead and finish design projects to a deadline and with attention to detail
- Experience working regular hours in a graphic design role
- Experience in animation
- Experience in video production
- Implement and maintain SDN brand across all outputs
- Lead design and final production of all SDN outputs
- Proactively manage the SDN design process to ensure relevant content is received from project teams to produce final documents and outputs by the agreed deadline
- Act as editorial designer for products across all projects and the organisation
- Design and produce informational and data products as required by projects
- Support and collaborate on other communication tasks, as necessary
- Maintain a clear e-filing system of final products
Salary for the role is expected to begin at the low end of the bracket indicated, and increase over time commensurate with performance and experience.
Applications must include the following to be considered
- Portfolio (as attachments or link to your own work – if collaborative, make it clear what you did)
- Cover letter (explicitly addressing each point in the Person Specification)
- CV (covering education and employment history)
in an email to email@example.com by midnight 23/07/2019, with GD19 in the subject line.
Interviews for the position will take place at the SDN London office on Monday 05/08/2019 and Tuesday 06/08/2019.
Your application will be reviewed but only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence. If you have not heard from us by 23/07/2019, please assume your application was unsuccessful on this occasion. Dates are indicative only; we reserve the right to contract or extend the recruitment schedule in response to the applications we receive and organisational needs.